Festive Season Safety Checks
It’s that time of the year, the season to be jolly and to travel and holiday. The kids will also be home on school holidays, don’t let your guard down, remember to always prioritise your safety. Whether you will be holidaying or staycationing.
On the road
South African roads are renowned for being amongst the world’s most dangerous, especially during holiday seasons. Everyone seems to want to rush to reach destinations thus ignoring road rules.
- Don’t drink and drive
- Adhere to speed limits and obey the rules of the road
- Observe other cars and pedestrians while driving
- Don’t use your phone while driving
Travelling long distance? Remember to take your car for road worthy testing, that way you’ll know if you need to replace anything. Also make sure that your insurance is in order and up to date. Don’t have car insurance? Get a quote on: www.iwyze.co.za or call us on: 0860 939 493.
- Don’t post about being away from home (criminals are opportunists, some may track your social media activity and locations)
- Activate your home alarm systems
- If you can, get someone to house sit or a neighbour to check on your home while you are away
- Switch appliances that you can, to avoid power surges or damage due to load- shedding
- Make sure your home alarms are always switched on for safety
- If you are hosting, make sure your guests don’t park where their cars or them will be easy targets for criminals
- Invest in emergency lighting for the times when there’ll be loadshedding
Shopaholics need to take extra caution during the holiday season, if you will be physically going to the shops, be sure to not carry lots of cash on you, inspect card machines and ATM’s before slotting your card or paying. Put your hand over the machine while inputting your PIN. Be extra vigilant.
Online shopping is also not a 100% safe, cyber crime is on the rise in SA. Be sure to check the website you’re shopping on and check if it is secure to shop on the site. Don’t click on any links that may be sent to you and be careful of inputting personal details online.
Partying up a storm
If you plan on partying this holiday season, do it safely and responsibly.
- Instead of driving, rather use e-hailing to get you to and from your destination
- If you choose to drive, have a designated driver who will remain sober
- Be mindful of your personal belongings, like jewellery, cellphones etc
Have a great and safe holiday season!
Remember that insurance is no longer an option, it’s a necessity. Insist on having it and insist on having the best. From Car to Home and Life Cover, get the best from iWYZE. Make the wise insurance choice. Get a quick insurance quote on: www.iwyze.co.za or call 0860 939 493.