With the alarming number of accidents on our roads, car insurance is definitely imperative for all responsible vehicle owners. Unfortunately, accidents happen, but sometimes they can be avoided. Apart from obeying the rules of the road and keeping to the speed limit, motorists can also consider taking an advanced driving course to help improve their skill behind the wheel.
Aside from having reliable companies which offer affordable car insurance, South Africa also has several reputable advanced driving courses which people can take. An experienced instructor will teach motorists how to handle their vehicle in varying weather conditions and in different situations which they may encounter along the road.
Advantages of doing an advanced driving course:
- Improves a driver’s ability to handle their vehicle.
- Improves a driver’s reaction time.
- Improves a driver’s confidence.
- Reduces levels of stress when driving.
- Being able to handle a vehicle better could help reduce the costs related to general wear and tear.
- Some insurance companies offer lower rates to driver’s who have completed an advanced driving course.
When you are out on the road, here are a few helpful tips, from accredited advanced drivers, for you to keep in mind:
- Sit in the correct position. You must not be slouched behind the steering wheel. You must be able to see clearly over the dashboard and should be able to reach the pedals easily.
- Hold the steering wheel with both hands to give you more control over the vehicle.
- Make sure you can see clearly out the windshield.
- Concentrate on everything going on around you.
- Always make sure your tyre pressure is correct and that your brakes are in good working order.
If you are interested in improving your driving ability or if you are looking for affordable car insurance, you will be able to find more information online.
Image credit: arrivealive.co.za