With so many vehicles on our roads these days, the chances of being involved in a car accident are higher than ever before.
Recent statistics published by SADD (South Africans Against Drunk Driving) show that from 1 January to 26 March 2014, 840 people died, 34 987 were injured and 2 133 people were left paralysed as a result of road accidents in South Africa. This, coupled with SA’s high rate of car theft and hijacking, makes motor vehicle insurance an absolute necessity.
5 tips for choosing a car insurance policy
These are some of the things you should bear in mind when you are comparing car insurance quotes:
- Is the insurance underwriter registered? You can check this with the Financial Service Board.
- Ask around concerning reputation, service, price, and claim settlement turnaround times. Word of mouth is a very valuable source of information.
- What is the excess that you must pay? Are there additional excesses?
- Is everything covered by your insurance policy? Are there exclusions? Always read the fine print of your contract.
- Are any security devices required? These may include an alarm system, gearlock or tracking device.
Finally, but most importantly, make sure you choose a reputable insurer – a brand with a history of reliability. While there are some car insurance companies that will offer you cheap cover, it makes a lot more sense to go with a name you can depend on for reliable car insurance cover –like iWYZE!
Insure with iWYZE – and SAVE!
When you’re with iWYZE, not only can you save money by insuring all your valuables under one roof, you could also get No Claim Rewards benefit for not claiming for 3 consecutive years.
All you have to do is insure your house (the building), household contents and your car with iWYZE and you’ll qualify for our No Claim Rewards benefit if you remain claim free for 3 consecutive years.