Depending on the size and depth of the hole, it can cause considerable damage to the wheel’s tyre and rim. Unfortunately, in a situation like this, the two major concerns which come to mind are:
- How will this affect your no claims bonus.
- How much will it cost to replace the damaged tyre/s.
Don’t let potholes stop you in your tracks
With the recent heavy rainfall across the country, unfortunately a number of roads have been left littered with potholes. However, with Tyre and Rim Cover, another value-added product from iWYZE, motorists can receive cover for accidental damage to tyre and rims, which are normally not covered under standard vehicle insurance as this type of damage falls within a person’s excess.
Benefits of iWYZE Tyre and Rim Cover
- Offers cover for four incidents (two rims and two tyres) over a period of 12 months.
- If you have an existing iWYZE Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy and claim from iWYZE Tyre and Rim Cover, it will not have an effect on your iWYZE no claim rewards.
- Monthly premiums at affordable rates.
Tips to help motorists avoid hitting potholes
Aside from damaging your tyres and rims, potholes can also cause damage to your suspension as well as the undercarriage of your car. Here are some tips to help motorist avoid hitting potholes when they are out on the road.
- Always make sure your tyres are properly inflated.
- Make sure you use headlights when driving in bad weather conditions.
- Remain extra vigilant, especially when driving at night or during bad weather conditions.
- If you see a pothole, slow down and, if you can, carefully drive around it.
For more information on value added products, take a look at the protection offered by iWYZE Tyre and Rim Cover.